How I fix a bug of Open Event Webapp

I just finished the National Olympiad of Informatics, and here I am hoping everything goes right. :) I spend my little free time writing this blog, about how I fixed an UI bug in Open Event Web App.
I resized my browser on the desktop into the size of a phone, the navigation bar is collapsed to a small button from which menu items will be shown when it's clicked. I clicked and I noticed that:

So I made a guess that the opacity of this navigation bar has been decreased. I inspected elements and tracked the name of the navigation bar. I realized that this HTML page I was reading was generated. Therefore, I looked into the "backend" folder, and its subfolder "_scss" (because I believed this issue was something CSS-related). And finally, I stopped at a config file.

"Ahhh, that's how people stored CSS variables for easier changing in future" -- I thought.
I scrolled through the file and I saw a variable called "navbar-color". It was transparent white at that time. I attempted to change it into opaquely dark gray. I still didn't know how to test my accomplishment locally so I had to deploy it on Heroku and tested it. VoilĂ ! It's beautiful!

I made a pull request and it was merged. I know it was a trivial fixing, but I am happy for I started to be familiar with Open Event Web App more and more since then. Now I am heading to fix more bugs and contribute to more features!

Popular posts from this blog

Unforgettable experience with FOSSASIA at Google Code-in